⌛ Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
👉 Info revised and updated in April 2021
The podcast is one of the formats that will grow the most this year and will be an important lever in the user consideration phase. This is what the Top Digital Trends 2020 report, produced by IAB Spain, says.
If you want to know how to boost your content with a podcast, keep reading! We tell you why you should include it in your Inbound Marketing strategy.
1. Current status of podcast
United States is the country where podcast consumption is highest: 90 million people regularly listen to it, according to The Infinite Dial 2019 study. But Spain is not far behind… We are in fifth position, as confirmed by IAB Spain.
Although later we will discuss in detail all the benefits of the podcast, you should know that the main advantage of this format is to reach highly qualified audiences, interested in a specific topic. The consumer is the one who prepares his own programming, and decides when and where to listen to it, which makes him more receptive when receiving a message from a brand. Therefore, a podcast is a very valuable instrument with which a company can generate authority and credibility.
Changes in buyer habits and the increased use of smartphones have contribute to the boom in podcasts, since you can listen to them while you walk, tidy up your house or go on the subway.
Examples of podcasts available on Spotify
2. Characteristics of a podcast
A podcast is the digital audio file that you can consume online or downloaded to your cell phone, iPad or laptop. It is the successor to the analog radio and has been called ‘the New Radio’.
The podcast is an audio on demand and is an easy and economical way to capture the attention of your audience. Moreover, it does not have as much competition as the rest of the content (videos, posts, infographic, etc.).
The key when you record a podcast is to know what you are going to say and who you are going to tell. In other words, before recording you must have a clear idea of your target audience and their needs in order to define the topic to be discussed.
And, what do you need to record a podcast? A good microphone, headphones and a laptop. It is that simple 😉
3. Advantages of podcast
Among the many advantages of podcast we can highlight the following:
- It requires little investment and little production time.
- It can be listened to from any device, as many times as the user wants.
- It is an on-demand content, timeless and does not lose utility.
- It is not affected by domain changes, hosting or server crashes.
- It improves the organic positioning of a brand in hosting platforms such as Ivoox, Spreaker or Spotify. These also guarantee access to thousands of users.
- It increases your audience’s loyalty. If you get your fans hooked they will be waiting for a new episode every week.
- The voice conveys greater confidence, so it helps to increase the conversion rate.
- It brings a differential value to your brand.
- It is ideal for networking, in case you choose to conduct interviews. You will create a community with your potential customers and make contact with relevant people in your market niche.
- It complements your content, since it expands the information that you have not been able to include in your blog post.
4. Tips for recording a podcast
Finally, here we leave you some tips for recording a good podcast:
- Decide on a topic that solves a problem or fulfills a need of your buyer person ✔
- Record it with an average duration of 20 to 40 minutes maximum ✔
- Choose an attractive cover image for your audio ✔
- Prepare a short and concise description of your channel, plus a description of each episode that informs the listener about what they are about to hear ✔
- Your podcast would be ready to be uploaded and published ✔
Spotify has 250 million listeners in over 75 countries, making it an essential place to add your show. If you’d like to know how to upload your podcast to Spotify, don’t miss this interesting post written by RSS.com