The webinar has become a very interesting resource for companies, especially in times of coronavirus…
Including it in your Inbound Marketing strategy will bring you many advantages, since the speaker and the audience do not need to be in the same place, so you can reach a much larger audience.
The possibilities are endless. You can use it to present a new product, give an online course, show a new functionality of a tool… So, if you think it is time to take advantage of this format, find out the steps to create a webinar from the beginning and give a boost to your brand! ?
Creating a webinar (step-by-step)
A webinar is a seminar that is broadcast over the Internet. It is scheduled for a specific date, transmitted in real time and allows the interaction of the audience with the speaker, directly and closely.
You must bear in mind that for your webinar to be a success it is important that you develop a well-planned marketing strategy, which includes the following steps:
1. Definition of objectives
The first thing to do is to define the objectives you want to achieve with your webinar: Do you want to promote a product? Attract subscribers?
Once you have this clear, you must select the audience (your target).
Next, define the topic of your webinar, if you are going to invite a speaker, the date and time and what you are going to promote at the end of the seminar (an online course, an e-book, a service…).
2. Organize the content
Prepare a script in the form of an outline of the structure of your webinar, (which should not exceed one hour in length ⚠):
40 – 45 minutes
- Greetings and welcome. You can wait for 5 minutes for all the participants to connect.
- Introduction and development of the content (valuable and relevant).
- To promote your product or service.
10 – 15 minutes
- Round of questions to answer all the doubts of your assistants.
3. Choice of tool
Choose a software for your webinar, paid or free, depending on the number of attendees and your objectives.
For your first webinar we recommend a free tool, such as Google Meet, Skype or Zoom. Afterwards, depending on your experience, you can consider whether to start using a paid tool.
4. Creating a landing page
In this step you must design a landing page to capture attendees with the following structure:
- In the header, the title of the webinar, speakers, the number of places and the modality (which will be online) and the registration form (requesting name and email).
- Below must appear the objective and the learning that will be obtained by those who finish the session.
- Then, you must include a brief description about the speaker (professional experience).
- Finally, you can add social network buttons for people to share and reach more people.
All those who sign up will get a Thank You Page, where they will be thanked for signing up. In turn, they will be sent an email with confirmation of their registration to the webinar, and the date and time of the appointment.
4. Webinar promotion
In order for your webinar to reach the maximum number of people possible, you must promote it. Among the actions you can carry out to spread it, we highlight:
- Add a banner or a pop-up on your website.
- Write a post on the blog that includes the banner and the landing page of the webinar. You can also create posts related to the topic you are going to deal with.
- Publicize the event on your brand’s social networks. You can share it as a normal publication and then invest an amount of money in promoting it, through Facebook or Instagram Ads, segmenting well your target audience.
- Prepare an email marketing campaign.
From our perspective, one of the most efficient ways to reach our audience is through personalized messages, via e-mail. You can do this campaign manually, but this will take a lot of time and will not be useful.
The best way is through templates, customizable, which give you the option to run the process easily. A powerful example is through the Lemlist app, adapted to run in a simple way this process.
5. Before the show
Hours before the live show it is essential that you check for technical problems:
- Check your Internet connection.
- Close all applications that may slow down the presentation (Dropbox and Google Drive, browser tabs…).
- Check the audio, image and sound.
- Review your slides (PDF or PPT) to make sure everything is working correctly.
6. Recording the webinar
Recording the webinar is highly recommended, since in addition to some fragments can serve as content for your social networks, you can also send it to the participants of the seminar, in an email to thank them for attending, and thus increase the chances of conversion.
The attendees of your webinar are qualified leads, i.e. potential customers, so take advantage of them and carry out actions focused on them.
If you need help to create your first webinar, please contact us. In Nementio we will be glad to help you. We are an Inbound Marketing agency. Get to know us!