Maybe you have a well-developed software, perfect to solve your customer’s specific problems and it’s even better than competitors, sometimes it’s difficult to understand why you are not able to sell it. In this post, I will tell you everything you have to do to make your product visible and grow, in 10 simple and practical steps.
→ Download our ebook about “How to sell software to companies” ←
If you have been selling software to companies for a long time, maybe you have faced some of these problems.
- It’s difficult to find companies where your product can fit.
- And when you find them, it is not the right time to buy.
- It’s difficult to get in touch with the responsible person inside the company: is it the CEO? Is CTO? Is the final user?
- Maybe it is difficult to evaluate whether an opportunity has probabilities to becoming a sale or not.
- You don’t know how to help your contact in the company to move forward in the buying process.
- You are starting to use online marketing techniques (SEO, SEM, Social Media, e-mail marketing, etc.) but it looks like they’re not having much success.
Is this situation familiar to you? Maybe the solution for you is changing your marketing philosophy, discover Inbound Marketing.
Inbound Marketing will help you get the best customers, the ones that are just in the decision stage. #InboundMarketing #Software
How to sell software to companies in 10 steps
Applying the inbound methodology to your marketing strategy requires understanding its principles and dedicate time and resources to it, but when it is totally integrated inside its processes and methodology, results can be outstanding.
Even if you are new with inbound or even if you already know the methodology, these are the main steps you have to follow to start your campaigns.
- Identify your audience: spend as much time as you need to know who the people that are going to buy your product, their motivations, their way of searching for information, their language, their processes… This is an effective way to communicate with them.
- Define your objectives: it will be easier to quantify the results at the end of the process. Try to fix SMART objectives (Specific, Measurable, Appropriate, Relevant and Temporary).
- Create your offer: your offer must appeal your potential customer. It can be an e-book, webinar, a demo, etc. Promote them on a landing page to collect your contact’s information.
- Define the process: since the moment someone contacts with you until the sale is closed, there are lots of steps in the middle. Plan the actions you are going to take in every step.
- Write on your blog: doing this you will give visibility to your software and your proposal. Try to post different types of content that interest your potential customers in every step of the process.
- Use social media: try to post your content where your target audience is.
- Work with keywords: try to use the words your potential customers use and write specific content using them, doing this is easier for them to find you.
- Complement your campaign with advertising: this will help you to speed up your sales and it will be a testing element for your campaign.
- Add tracking codes to the URL: try to incorporate tracking codes in your links, this will help you to analyze the origin of your websites, the contacts, and the sales.
- Report your results: if you take notes of your actions, you will have everything you have learned in one place, and it will be very useful for the future decisions you might have to take. Use tools like SeRanking to get information about your visitors.
One last advice: plan all the actions in a calendar and make sure you work in all of them if you want to start seeing results as soon as possible.
If you want to know how we can help your company to reach Spanish-speaking countries, don’t hesitate to contact our expert’s team. Have a nice journey with Inbound Marketing