Nowadays, user-friendliness takes precedence over a spectacular design of a website. Do you want to know why this is happening and to understand the importance of User Experience for your business website? Keep reading!
What is User Experience?
In Digital Marketing User Experience (UX) refers to the feeling that a certain web or App causes on the user, measuring their satisfaction to try to avoid mistakes and provide an experience as pleasant as possible. Because of it, some factors that it must be considered are usability, usefulness and efficiency, as well as readability and accessibility, since it will be useless if contents, which you show to your clients are good if they are unable to view them correctly.
User Experience plays an important role, both in customer service and in the purchase process and in the loyalty one of your company. Therefore you must ensure that all procedures and features you offer can be seen in any kind of device: tablets, computers and mobile phones.
Significant elements of User Experience
Below, we tell you what are the elements that depend on a user to enjoy of a good experience:
In addition to using an appropriate and correct writing style, don’t forget to take care of the typography that will promote the reading of users that will keep them reading until the end. For it, use simple typographies as Sans Serif which contrasts with the background of your website.
Take care of pictures, incorporating them in a suitable size, and check out the pages that you have linked within the text to avoid that they cannot be accessed because they are broken. Including internal and external links on your blog, you will not only contribute to a better User Experience, but will also promote your SEO.
At the moment, most visits of a website are carried out through a mobile device, -tablet or mobile phone-, that’s why it is important to optimize your website so that it is responsive and ieasily accessible, as well as user navigate comfortably on mobile.
Finally, other detail that you must keep in mind to offer an optimal User Experience is web accessibility, a term that refers to the fact that the design of a website should not be an obstacle for people with some kind of disability to be able to navigate without problems. To do this, check the technical requirements that people may need.
Basic metrics and tools to analyze the UX
To help you to detect the weaknesses of your website, we present you some tools that will be very useful.
- Tests A / B. Use these tests to check which web version appeals to your users.
- Once you know that, develop wireframes, schematic sketches of the structure of your website to focus on the functionality of the site and User Experience, where contents are a priority.
- Review your user’s behavior. Help yourself with Google Analytics to learn first-hand how they behave since they enter into your website until they leave it.
On the other hand, the following metrics will complement the previous tools:
- Rebound rate; User recurrence; Type of user; Dropout rate; Time on the site: with these metrics you will be able to measure the engagement of your target and the retention capacity to ensure that users who visit you stay on your page for longer.
- Analyze the conversion funnels: with the aim of knowing in which pages you lose users to focus on recovering them and being able to sense what problems you have to improve the conversion.
- Check the loading times and errors of your website, as they can prevent it from being seen correctly in different devices and operating systems, and takes a long time to load, which may lead to an increase of dropouts.
If you need a hand to improve the User Experience of your website, contact us. In Nementio we will be happy to help you. We are an Inbound Marketing Agency. Find out more about us!