Each day there are many new Apps that compete with yours, so if you implement an appropriate ASO strategy you will get your App to be better than the rest and it will be much easier to find it in virtual stores. So, do you want to know what ASO is? Keep reading, in this post we explain it to you.
What is ASO and how important is it for your App?
ASO (App Store Optimization) is the process of optimizing a mobile application to get it positioned among the top positions in the App stores.
ASO, just like SEO, seeks that people find an App quickly and easily and do not hesitate to download it, so how much better positioned is, the more possibilities will have to reach a greater number of downloads.
A well-defined ASO strategy is essential for an App, since according to a study by Business Insider 63% of App downloads in Google Play and App Store come from searches made on their platforms. On the other hand, according to data from Phone Arena, 2018 will hit a record of Apps downloads, so it will be increasingly difficult for users to find your App without a good ASO.
What should you keep in mind for an appropriate ASO?
For having a correct ASO strategy you must know some important factors that influence it. They are the following:
- Icon, it is recommended that it be striking, original and creative to cause a first good impression on the user.
- Title, which must be short, impressive and that includes at least one keyword with which you want to position yourself and be found.
- Keywords, essential to achieve a good ASO positioning. For this it is advisable to monitor the keywords we want to include in our title and description to use all those related to our App. However, in Google Play there is no specific field for keywords, but App Store does have a section for it with a maximum length of 100 characters.
- Description, important small text to convince a user to download your App, so it must be simple, clear and that attracts attention, explaining what your App consists of and what its benefits are. The maximum number of characters you can use are 4,000.
- Categories, to make it easier for users to search, since it is common to search by categories on many occasions. For this, you must select the categories which best describe your App.
- Screenshots, showing the most interesting features of the App with the aim of attracting users. This factor is essential in Google Play, which allows up to 8 pictures and in App Store, where you can upload 5. These pictures will be the shop window of your App that will invite users to download it.
- Positive comments, which help to generate trust in users, and therefore, increase the number of downloads. How much positive reviews you have, more popular will be your App, so you’ll need to carry out campaigns to boost App ratings. If you have negative comments, you should answer them quickly and effectively to try to turn them into positive as soon as possible.
Other factors to consider are:
- Videotutorial, to show visually how your App works. This is a very effective way to get the attention of users and finally convince them to download your App.
- Linkbuilding, or a strategy of external links will improve the positioning of your App.
- Landing page about the App, which will help the positioning of your keywords in Google Ads.
- Paid ads in Social Media platforms: Facebook App Install ads, for instance, allow you to drive more downloads and users to your app.
Once you have defined everything commented previously, your App will have many more chances to succeed and benefit yourself from the advantages that an App can bring to your company?
If you need help to carry out a digital marketing strategy in your company, do not hesitate to contact us. In Nementio we will be happy to help you.