Inbound Marketing is not something new, but it is something recurrent. Although it has been around for years, it is still one of the Digital Marketing fads. The benefits of Inbound Marketing are many and that is why it is so successful.
There are many ways to reach customers and brands to make them aware of the existence of your business. It is key to set the marketing goals you want to achieve. Most techniques to reach consumers tend to be aggressive, direct and short term. Likewise, they tend to have a higher cost.
Inbound Marketing is something different, a modern technique that has other principles which we will explain below.
How does Inbound Marketing work?
Also known as attraction marketing, it is designed to attract customers through content that brings them value. In other words, you must adapt to the customer so that at each stage of their purchase journey or funnel you can be useful to them.
It is a long process in which you try to make the customer see that you want to accompany them through their problems, that you are concerned not only about the sale but also that their decision is a good one. Obviously, the decision that is good for you or that you consider appropriate for your customers is usually your product or service.
It is a less intrusive technique because it is about customer loyalty. You don’t attract customers by bombarding them with advertising, but by creating useful content and then contacting them.
Inbound marketing is known as the sales funnel. This funnel is made up of 4 stages:
- Attraction: This stage is primarily a point of creating content. You should see the concerns of your buyer personas and create content that can be useful to them.
- Convert: In this stage, you should get your customers to take a certain action. For example, a CTA (Call to action) is a good action to get them to leave you their emails and convert them into leads.
- Close: This is where the purchase objective is. That is, at this point is where you try to get customers to buy your product or service.
- Delight: This is a moment in which you already have a customer, they have already made a purchase and you must make them loyal to you. This will increase your brand’s power and will allow them to repeat future purchases.
Benefits of Inbound marketing
When we start to evaluate the different options on the market to choose which strategy to follow in our business, it is important to know what the benefits of each one are. Below, you will find what we consider to be the advantages of Inbound Marketing:
- Generate qualified leads: To download the content you must leave a personal signal, so most of the time you have shown a previous interest to get the content.
- Generation of real data: Through visitors and leads you will get a database that will make you keep track of your actions.
- Creation of Buyer persona: With the customers and leads that you generate you will get an idea of what your ideal buyer persona is.
- Improve branding: Branding is very important. Having your company well known is a great competitive advantage. With these actions, you will get your brand to be well seen by customers and become more and more known.
- 24/7 performance: When you generate content, it does not need to require your constant attention, but it will be constantly performing on its own.
- Long-term relationships: With Inbound marketing and the sales funnel we explained earlier that step 4 was to delight or build loyalty. With Inbound you want to generate long-term relationships that give customers a reference brand.
These are the main advantages that implementing an Inbound Marketing strategy can bring to your company. On the other hand, you can also get benefits with Inbound marketing especially suitable for your company as it is a flexible strategy that can be adapted to each project.
I’m sure you’re wondering if it’s such a good strategy, why isn’t everyone doing it? The answer is quite clear.
Most companies are looking for immediate results and are not willing to make structural changes to make their company more viable in the long term. Being in such a competitive market, haste is often a bad company and patience is in short supply.
We recommend that to make your brand more powerful and have a long trajectory in time, the Inbound marketing strategy is essential. It is easier to get repeat customers than to always try to get new ones.
Apart from that, repeat customers will have a better opinion of your brand, which will make them speak well of it and therefore, organically, generate new sales opportunities.
If you want to know more about Inbound Marketing or carry out your strategy in Nementio we are specialists in it.